Click [+] to expand [-] to collapse
The Meares Auction Group, in conjunction with Meares Land and Auction Company, sells Real Estate – both residential and commercial – at auction. The company began selling Real Estate in upstate South Carolina in 1978 and continues to sell using the auction method of marketing today!
Please also see our Real Estate for Sale page for current traditional property listings!
GRI, CAI, GPPA, SCAL 109 – 864-444-1321
SCAL 3694 – 864-444-1325
Meares Auctions was a tremendous help last year as we worked together to liquidate my parents’ estate. Everyone associated with the project was very professional and courteous. Unlike many companies that do not keep you “in the loop”, I was involved throughout the process in making the important decisions. Meares made a difficult and emotional task much more bearable. They performed above and beyond my expectations. I recommend them highly!Dr. Larry Knighton
Personal Property auctions consider all of the items inside the home, business or storage facility available for auction. This means that furniture, machinery, firearms, collectibles, toys, coins and more could possibly be sold at this type of auction.
Meares Auction Group specializes in personal property auctions. The company averages over 125 auctions a year and the majority of these are personal property. We have conducted auctions that range from several thousands to millions of dollars and treat each auction with individual attention.
- Computerized clerking and cashier systems to automate the auction process
- State of the art sound systems for auction day
- Complete turn-key operation of your auction with a highly trained member of our staff assigned to your job
- Licensed auction professionals that care
- The option of live, real-time online auctions to serve more customers in more places
- The option of timed, eBay-style, auctions run from our partner company in Omaha, Nebraska
- Larry Meares, CAI, GPPA, SCAL 109
- David Meares, CAI, SCAL 620
- Lanny Balentine, SCAL 3694
- Darron Meares, GPPA, SCAL 3737
- Hope Meares, SCAL 3738
- Brandon Meares, SCAL 3951
We offer asset appraisal services for Estate valuation, business financing and insurance valuation.
The Meares Auction Group, with over 39 years in the auction profession, offers asset appraisal services for Estates, banks, corporations or individuals looking to value a collection. We are certified GPPA (Graduate Personal Property Appraisal) appraisers. This is a designation shared by less than 1% of auctioneers nationwide. We are USPAP-certified and provide insurance, estate and business liquidation appraisals.
We appraise (and have appraised):
- Personal Property Estates
- Coin Collections
- Firearm Collections
- Medical Offices
- Surplus Inventories
- Farm Machinery
- Heavy Equipment
- Office Equipment
- and many other items...
We offer several appraisal techniques: fair market value, insurance appraisals and book value appraisals.
Call Darron Meares, MBA, MPPA at 1-800-689-5654 for more information about your appraisal needs.
- We sell all coins on the Internet through either live or timed online bidding.
- We provide all catalog and inventory services for your collection
- Our experienced staff will work with you on the timing of the auction and best methods to sell
- At the close of the auction, our experienced staff packs and ships all coins to winning bidders.
- All in all – we provide you a turnkey liquidation of your collection.
For more information, contact Darron Meares, MBA, CAI, MPPA at 864-947-2000
Before proceeding to the firearms auction page, you must read and agree to the terms and conditions listed below:
- Internet buyer’s premium is 15% for firearm purchases.
- All buyers will be required to fill out an ATF Form 4473 and submit to a criminal background check- if you cannot pass the check, please do not bid!
- South Carolina residents will be charged 6% SC sales tax unless you have a valid SC Resale Tax Number on file with our company. Please fax these to 864-947-1717.
- No warranty of quality, condition, merchantability or fitness for intended use is given. All information contained within buyer’s catalog or Internet listing is true and correct to the best of our ability, but is in no way or circumstances guaranteed, expressed or implied.
- All items sold AS-IS, WHERE-IS, all descriptions provided are for informational purposes only and should not be interpreted as creating any representation or warranty. All merchandise is either new, used or consigned.
- SALES ARE FINAL – NO RETURNS OR CHARGE BACKS ALLOWED!
- A $30 reprocessing fee will be assessed if your credit card on file with Proxibid is declined. Proxibid allows up to three credit cards, but the auction company only receives the default card or the one you choose.
- You will receive a Proxibid black flag if your credit card is declined and we cannot contact you within three (3) days after the auction.
If you have any questions, concerns or objections, please call David Meares at 864-947-2000 or click here to send him an email.
If you have any problems or issues with the Proxibid Internet site, call their customer service number at 877-505-7770. The auction company will not be able to assist you with technical issues related to the bidding applet provided by Proxibid.
The credit card that is given to Proxibid will be charged after the auction for your purchase plus buyer’s premium. There are no exceptions. Shipping will be an additional charge after we have received a signed copy of the FFL (Federal Firearms License) dealer you choose to have them shipped to. You may fax this FFL to our office at 864-947-1717. Any fees assessed by your FFL dealer are your responsibility!